Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Of or relating to the islands of Samoa.
2. Of or relating to the country of Samoa or the territory of American Samoa.
1. A native or inhabitant of the islands or country of Samoa.
2. The Polynesian language of the Samoans.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Placename) of or relating to Samoa, its people, or their language
2. (Peoples) of or relating to Samoa, its people, or their language
3. (Languages) of or relating to Samoa, its people, or their language
4. (Historical Terms) of or relating to Samoa, its people, or their language
5. (Peoples) a member of the people that inhabit Samoa
6. (Languages) the language of Samoa, belonging to the Polynesian family of languages
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a member of the Polynesian people of Samoa.
2. the Austronesian language of this people: an official language in Western Samoa.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Samoa, its inhabitants, or the language Samoan.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Samoan - a native or inhabitant of the Samoan Islands|
Samoan Islands, Samoa - a group of volcanic islands in the South Pacific midway between Hawaii and Australia; its climate and scenery and Polynesian culture make it a popular tourist stop
Polynesian - a native or inhabitant of Polynesia
|Adj.||1.||Samoan - of or relating to Samoa or its people or language or culture; "Samoan fishing industry"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
A. ADJ → samoano
B. N → samoano/a m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007