Also found in: Wikipedia.
1. Of or relating to the planet Saturn or to its supposed astrological influence.
2. Archaic Of or relating to the god Saturn or his reign.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Classical Myth & Legend) of or connected with the Roman god Saturn, whose reign was thought of as a golden age
2. of or relating to the planet Saturn
3. (Poetry) prosody denoting a very early verse form in Latin in which the accent was one of stress rather than quantity, there being an equal number of main stresses in each line, regardless of the number of unaccented syllables
(Poetry) a line in Saturnian metre
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Sa•tur•ni•an(səˈtɜr ni ən)
1. of or pertaining to the planet Saturn.
2. of or pertaining to the god Saturn, or the age during which he was believed to have ruled.
[1550–60; < Latin Sāturni(us) of Saturn]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.