scalping(redirected from Scapling)
Also found in: Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to Scapling: scalping tickets
1. The skin covering the top of the human head.
2. A portion of this skin with its attached hair, cut from a body especially as a battle trophy or as proof in claiming a bounty.
3. A piece of hide from the skull of certain animals, such as the fox, shown as proof of killing in order to collect a bounty.
v. scalped, scalp·ing, scalps
1. To cut or tear the scalp from.
2. To deprive of top growth or a top layer: land scalped by strip miners.
3. To resell at a price higher than the established value: scalping tickets to the baseball game.
4. To buy and sell (securities or commodities) in order to make small quick profits.
1. To engage in the reselling of something, such as tickets, at a price higher than the established value.
2. To buy and sell securities or commodities for small quick profits.
(Metallurgy) a process in which the top portion of a metal ingot is machined away before use, thus removing the layer containing defects and impurities