Saar(redirected from Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
1. A river, about 245 km (150 mi) long, rising in northeast France and flowing north and north-northwest to the Moselle River in western Germany. The river's valley, also known as the Saar Basin, is a highly industrialized region.
2. See Saarland.
Saar(sɑː; German zaːr)
1. (Placename) a river in W Europe, rising in the Vosges Mountains and flowing north to the Moselle River in Germany. Length: 246 km (153 miles). French name: Sarre
2. (Placename) the Saar another name for Saarland
1. French, Sarre. a river in W Europe, flowing N from the Vosges mountains in NE France to the Moselle River in W Germany. 150 mi. (240 km) long.
2. Also called Saar′ Ba′sin. a coal producing region in W Germany, in the Saar River valley: under French economic control 1919–35, 1945–56.