Saar(redirected from Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
1. A river, about 245 km (150 mi) long, rising in northeast France and flowing north and north-northwest to the Moselle River in western Germany. The river's valley, also known as the Saar Basin, is a highly industrialized region.
2. See Saarland.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Saar(sɑː; German zaːr)
1. (Placename) a river in W Europe, rising in the Vosges Mountains and flowing north to the Moselle River in Germany. Length: 246 km (153 miles). French name: Sarre
2. (Placename) the Saar another name for Saarland
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. French, Sarre. a river in W Europe, flowing N from the Vosges mountains in NE France to the Moselle River in W Germany. 150 mi. (240 km) long.
2. Also called Saar′ Ba′sin. a coal producing region in W Germany, in the Saar River valley: under French economic control 1919–35, 1945–56.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Saar[zɑːʳ] N → Sarre m
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005