buyback(redirected from Share Repurchases)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial.
1. An act of buying something that one previously sold or owned.
2. The repurchase of stock by the company that issued it, as to reduce holdings of a single investor or increase the value of shares by reducing their number.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. the buying of something that one previously sold.
2. any arrangement to take back something as a condition of a sale.
3. a repurchase by a company of its own stock.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||buyback - the act of purchasing back something previously sold|
purchase - the acquisition of something for payment; "they closed the purchase with a handshake"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.