riprap(redirected from Shotrock)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
1. Piled broken stones used as a foundation or to stabilize an easily eroded bank or slope.
2. An assemblage of such broken stones.
tr.v. rip·rapped, rip·rap·ping, rip·raps
1. To construct a riprap in or on.
2. To strengthen with a riprap.
[Reduplication of rap.]
1. a quantity of broken stone for foundations, revetments of embankments, etc.
2. a foundation or wall of stones thrown together irregularly.
[1570–80; gradational reduplication of rap1]