Siamese(redirected from Siamese (disambiguation))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Of or relating to Siam; Thai.
2. siamese Of or being a Y-shaped dual connection between two pipes or hoses and a larger pipe or hose.
n. pl. Siamese
1. A native or inhabitant of Siam; a Thai.
2. The Thai language.
3. A domestic cat of a long slender breed originating in Siam, having blue eyes and a short whitish to fawn coat with darker ears, face, tail, and feet.
[After Siam (Thailand).]
n, pl -mese
(Breeds) See Siamese cat
(Pathology) characteristic of, relating to, or being a Siamese twin
Si•a•mese(ˌsaɪ əˈmiz, -ˈmis)
adj., n., pl. -mese. adj.
1. of or pertaining to Siam or its inhabitants.
2. twin; closely connected; similar.
3. twofold or two-way: a Siamese sprinkler.n.
4. a native or inhabitant of Siam.
6. Siamese cat.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Siamese - a branch of the Tai languages |
Tai - the most widespread and best known of the Kadai family of languages
|2.||Siamese - a native or inhabitant of Thailand |
Kingdom of Thailand, Siam, Thailand - a country of southeastern Asia that extends southward along the Isthmus of Kra to the Malay Peninsula; "Thailand is the official name of the former Siam"
|3.||siamese - an inlet with two or more couplings to which a hose can be attached so that fire engines can pump water into the sprinkler system of a building|
sprinkler system - a system for extinguishing fires; water from a network of overhead pipes is released through nozzles that open automatically with the rise in temperature
|4.||Siamese - a slender short-haired blue-eyed breed of cat having a pale coat with dark ears paws face and tail tip|
blue point Siamese - Siamese cat having a bluish cream-colored body and dark grey points
|Adj.||1.||Siamese - of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand or its people; "Siamese kings"; "different Thai tribes live in the north"|
|2.||Siamese - of or relating to the languages of the Thai people; "Thai tones"|
|3.||Siamese - of or relating to Thailand; "the Thai border with Laos"|