Sicilian(redirected from Sicilian (disambiguation))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Of or relating to Sicily or its people, language, or culture.
a. A native or inhabitant of Sicily.
b. A person of Sicilian ancestry.
2. The Romance language spoken by many Sicilians in daily life. Sicilian is sometimes considered a dialect of Italian.
1. (Placename) of or relating to Sicily or its inhabitants
2. (Peoples) of or relating to Sicily or its inhabitants
(Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Sicily
Si•cil•ian(sɪˈsɪl yən, -ˈsɪl i ən)
1. a native or inhabitant of Sicily.
2. the Romance speech of the modern inhabitants of Sicily, usu. considered a dialect of Italian.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Sicily, its inhabitants, or their speech.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Sicilian - a resident of Sicily |
Italian - a native or inhabitant of Italy
mafioso - a member of the Sicilian Mafia
|Adj.||1.||Sicilian - of or relating to or characteristic of Sicily or the people of Sicily; "the Sicilian Mafia"|