Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Simon Peter: Apostle Peter
(Bible) New Testament the full name of the apostle Peter, a combination of his original name and the name given him by Christ (Matthew 16:17–18)
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
to tire; become exhausted (usu. fol. by out).
Slang: Usu. Vulgar. penis.
[1865–70; from the name]
1. Also called Simon Peter. died A.D. 67?, one of the 12 apostles and the reputed author of two of the Epistles.
2. either of these two Epistles in the New Testament, I Peter or II Peter.
1. Peter I ( “the Great” ), 1672–1725, czar of Russia 1682–1725.
2. Peter II, 1923–70, king of Yugoslavia 1934–45.
3. Peter III, 1728–62, czar of Russia 1762 (husband of Catherine II).
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Simon Peter - disciple of Jesus and leader of the Apostles; regarded by Catholics as the vicar of Christ on earth and first Pope|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.