Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. Sindhi or Sin·dhis
1. A member of the predominantly Muslim people of Sindh.
2. The Indic language of Sindh.
Of or relating to Sindh or its people, language, or culture.
[Arabic sindī, from Sindh.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
npl -dhi or -dhis
1. (Peoples) a former inhabitant of Sind. The Muslim majority now lives in Pakistan while the Hindu minority has mostly moved to India
2. (Languages) the language of this people, belonging to the Indic branch of the Indo-European family
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
n., pl. -his.
1. a member of a people living in the province of Sind in Pakistan and adjacent parts of Rajasthan and Gujarat in W India.
2. the Indo-Aryan language of the Sindhis.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Sind, the Sindhis, or their language.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Sindhi - a native or inhabitant of Sind|
Pakistani - a native or inhabitant of Pakistan
|2.||Sindhi - the Indic language of Sind which is spoken also in western India|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.