snowbird(redirected from Snowbirds)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Any of several birds, such as the junco and the snow bunting, common in snowy regions.
2. Slang One who moves from a cold to a warm place in the winter.
1. (Animals) another name for the snow bunting
2. (Recreational Drugs) slang US a person addicted to cocaine, or sometimes heroin
3. informal US a retired person who moves to a warmer climate during the winter months
2. Informal. a person who vacations in or moves to a warmer climate during cold weather.
3. Slang. a cocaine addict or habitual user.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||snowbird - medium-sized Eurasian thrush seen chiefly in winter|
thrush - songbirds characteristically having brownish upper plumage with a spotted breast
|2.||snowbird - white Arctic bunting |
bunting - any of numerous seed-eating songbirds of Europe or North America
|3.||snowbird - small North American finch seen chiefly in winter|
finch - any of numerous small songbirds with short stout bills adapted for crushing seeds
genus Junco - American finches