so-and-so(redirected from So and so)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
An unnamed or unspecified person or thing.
n. pl. so-and-sos
Informal A son of a gun.
n, pl so-and-sos
1. a person whose name is forgotten or ignored: so-and-so came to see me.
2. euphemistic a person or thing regarded as unpleasant or difficult: which so-and-so broke my razor?.
n., pl. so-and-sos.
1. a person or thing not definitely named.
2. a bastard (used as a euphemism).
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||so-and-so - a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible; "only a rotter would do that"; "kill the rat"; "throw the bum out"; "you cowardly little pukes!"; "the British call a contemptible person a `git'"|
1. what's-his-name or what's-her-name, X, what-d'you-call-him or what-d'you-call-her, whatsit, thingummy, thingamajig If Mrs So-and-so was ill, then someone down the street would come in and clean for her.