SA(redirected from Societe Anonyme)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. seaman apprentice
2. South Africa
3. South America
the internet domain name for
(Computer Science) Saudi Arabia
(formerly) the chemical symbol for
(Elements & Compounds) samarium
1. (Protestantism) Salvation Army
2. (Commerce) Sociedad Anónima
3. (Commerce) Société anonyme
4. (Placename) South Africa
5. (Placename) South America
6. (Placename) South Australia
7. (Historical Terms) Sturmabteilung: the Nazi terrorist militia, organized around 1924
8. (Automotive Engineering) Saudi Arabia (international car registration)
[Spanish: limited company]
[French: limited company]
1. Salvation Army.
2. seaman apprentice.
3. South Africa.
4. South America.
5. South Australia.
6. storm troops.
[< German Sturmabteilung]
2. without year or date.
[< Latin sine annō]
“Sturmabteilung” An organization of Nazi brownshirted storm-troopers founded in 1921, led by Ernst Roehm and eliminated as a power force in 1934.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||SA - Nazi militia created by Hitler in 1921 that helped him to power but was eclipsed by the SS after 1943|
Brownshirt - a member of the Nazi SA which wore brown uniforms