carbonation(redirected from Soda carbonation)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to Soda carbonation: carbonated water
tr.v. car·bon·at·ed, car·bon·at·ing, car·bon·ates
1. To charge (a beverage, for example) with carbon dioxide gas.
2. To burn to carbon; carbonize.
3. To change into a carbonate.
n. (-nāt′, -nĭt)
The anionic divalent group CO3, derived from carbonic acid, or a compound containing this group.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Chemistry) absorption of or reaction with carbon dioxide
2. (Chemistry) another word for carbonization
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
car•bon•a•tion(ˌkɑr bəˈneɪ ʃən)
1. saturation with carbon dioxide, as in making soda water.
2. reaction with carbon dioxide to remove lime, as in sugar refining.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
The process of dissolving carbon dioxide in a liquid under pressure.
Dictionary of Unfamiliar Words by Diagram Group Copyright © 2008 by Diagram Visual Information Limited