carbonation(redirected from Soda carbonation)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to Soda carbonation: carbonated water
tr.v. car·bon·at·ed, car·bon·at·ing, car·bon·ates
1. To charge (a beverage, for example) with carbon dioxide gas.
2. To burn to carbon; carbonize.
3. To change into a carbonate.
n. (-nāt′, -nĭt)
The anionic divalent group CO3, derived from carbonic acid, or a compound containing this group.
1. (Chemistry) absorption of or reaction with carbon dioxide
2. (Chemistry) another word for carbonization
car•bon•a•tion(ˌkɑr bəˈneɪ ʃən)
1. saturation with carbon dioxide, as in making soda water.
2. reaction with carbon dioxide to remove lime, as in sugar refining.
The process of dissolving carbon dioxide in a liquid under pressure.