Whatever side of the fence you sit on, there's no denying that because of technology there is potential for our soft skills
UAE's Emirates Central Cooling Systems Corporation, referred to as Empower, has trained more than 200 employees from January to July, 2019 across a range of technical, safety and soft skills
According to LinkedIn Learning, some of the top soft skills
companies are looking for in candidates are critical thinking, emotional and cultural intelligence, teamwork and collaboration, and adaptability Image Credit: Shutterstock
for the Effective Lawyer is written by Randall Kiser, an internationally recognized authority on attorney performance who has written for the New York Times and the Harvard Negotiation Law Review.
* Soft skills
are key: Shared goals, accountability and improved communication are some of the soft skills
that, when improved, can help to drastically improve the health of organizations.
Seven hundred students in secondary schools in Lagos State have received training on etiquette, soft skills
and other related virtues, to make them function better in society.
Hard skills are "those achievements that are included on a resume, such as education, work experience, knowledge, and level of expertise." (3) A large body of evidence suggests, however, that employers are increasingly seeking employees with strong soft skills
. Soft skills
are "character traits, attitudes, and behaviors--rather than technical aptitude or knowledge," and they are not limited to a particular profession.
But we see a lack of soft skills
, communication in foreign languages (primarily English), practical skills and work experience.Do lacking soft skills
currently present a bigger problem for the employers than the insufficient number of candidates from technical universities?It is combination of both problems.
Among these are video interviews, soft skills
assessments and meeting candidates in more casual settings.
2 Don't be hard on yourself: "soft skills
" count Employers look for someone who will harmonise with their staff.
Research from Harvard University, The Carnegie Foundation, and the Stanford Research Center has found that 85 percent of job success is related to [employability] skills, while the remaining 15 percent is technical or hard skills (National Soft Skills