Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Sorbian: Upper Sorbian
1. A Sorb.
2. Either of the two West Slavic languages, Lower Sorbian and Upper Sorbian, spoken by the Sorbs. Also called Wendish.
(Languages) a West Slavonic language spoken in the rural areas of E Germany between the upper reaches of the Oder and Elbe rivers; modern Wendish
1. (Peoples) of or relating to the Sorbs or their language
2. (Languages) of or relating to the Sorbs or their language
Sorb•i•an(ˈsɔr bi ən)
1. the West Slavic language of the Sorbs, having distinct northern and southern literary forms.adj.
2. of or pertaining to the Sorbs or their language.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Sorbian - a speaker of Sorbian|
Deutschland, FRG, Germany, Federal Republic of Germany - a republic in central Europe; split into East Germany and West Germany after World War II and reunited in 1990
Slav - any member of the people of eastern Europe or Asian Russia who speak a Slavonic language
|2.||Sorbian - a Slavonic language spoken in rural area of southeastern Germany|