Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Sorbian: Upper Sorbian
1. A Sorb.
2. Either of the two West Slavic languages, Lower Sorbian and Upper Sorbian, spoken by the Sorbs. Also called Wendish.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Languages) a West Slavonic language spoken in the rural areas of E Germany between the upper reaches of the Oder and Elbe rivers; modern Wendish
1. (Peoples) of or relating to the Sorbs or their language
2. (Languages) of or relating to the Sorbs or their language
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Sorb•i•an(ˈsɔr bi ən)
1. the West Slavic language of the Sorbs, having distinct northern and southern literary forms.adj.
2. of or pertaining to the Sorbs or their language.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Sorbian - a speaker of Sorbian|
Deutschland, FRG, Germany, Federal Republic of Germany - a republic in central Europe; split into East Germany and West Germany after World War II and reunited in 1990
Slav - any member of the people of eastern Europe or Asian Russia who speak a Slavonic language
|2.||Sorbian - a Slavonic language spoken in rural area of southeastern Germany|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.