synthesizer(redirected from Speech synthesis)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Speech synthesis: Speech recognition
1. One that synthesizes: a synthesizer of others' ideas.
2. Music An electronic instrument, often played with a keyboard, that combines simple waveforms to produce more complex sounds, such as those of various other instruments.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Instruments) an electrophonic instrument, usually operated by means of a keyboard and pedals, in which sounds are produced by voltage-controlled oscillators, filters, and amplifiers, with an envelope generator module that controls attack, decay, sustain, and release
2. a person or thing that synthesizes
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
syn•the•siz•er(ˈsɪn θəˌsaɪ zər)
1. a person or thing that synthesizes.
2. an electronic, usu. computerized console or module for creating or modifying the sounds of musical instruments.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||synthesizer - an intellectual who synthesizes or uses synthetic methods|
|2.||synthesizer - (music) an electronic instrument (usually played with a keyboard) that generates and modifies sounds electronically and can imitate a variety of other musical instruments|
electronic instrument, electronic musical instrument - a musical instrument that generates sounds electronically
keyboard instrument - a musical instrument that is played by means of a keyboard
music - an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
synthesizer[ˈsɪnθəsaɪzəʳ] N → sintetizador m
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
synthesizer[ˈsɪnθɪsaɪzər] synthesiser (British) n (MUSIC) → synthétiseur m
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
n (Mus) → Synthesizer m
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
synthesizer[ˈsɪnθəˌsaɪzəʳ] n (Mus) → sintetizzatore m
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995