spirituality(redirected from Spiritual Paths)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
n. pl. spir·i·tu·al·i·ties
a. The state, quality, or fact of being spiritual.
b. A religious belief or manner of pursuing a religious life: "the pantheistic spiritualities espoused by Wiccans and other contemporary adherents of nature religions" (Peter Steinfels).
2. The clergy.
3. often spiritualities Something, such as property or revenue, that belongs to the church or to a cleric.
n, pl -ties
1. (Ecclesiastical Terms) the state or quality of being dedicated to God, religion, or spiritual things or values, esp as contrasted with material or temporal ones
2. the condition or quality of being spiritual
3. (Ecclesiastical Terms) a distinctive approach to religion or prayer: the spirituality of the desert Fathers.
4. (Ecclesiastical Terms) (often plural) Church property or revenue or a Church benefice
spir•it•u•al•i•ty(ˌspɪr ɪ tʃuˈæl ɪ ti)
n., pl. -ties.
1. the quality or fact of being spiritual.
2. incorporeal or immaterial nature.
3. Often, spiritualities. property or revenue belonging to the church or to an ecclesiastic.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||spirituality - property or income owned by a church|
belongings, property, holding - something owned; any tangible or intangible possession that is owned by someone; "that hat is my property"; "he is a man of property";
|2.||spirituality - concern with things of the spirit|