stalky(redirected from Stalky & Co.)
Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. A stem or main axis of a herbaceous plant.
b. A stem or similar structure that supports a plant part such as a flower, flower cluster, or leaf.
2. A slender or elongated support or structure, as one that holds up an organ or another body part.
[Middle English, probably diminutive of stale, upright of a ladder, post, handle, from Old English stalu; see stel- in Indo-European roots.]
v. stalked, stalk·ing, stalks
1. To pursue or track (prey) stealthily: The lions stalked the zebra from the tall grass.
2. To follow or observe (a person) persistently, especially out of obsession or derangement.
3. To go through (an area) in pursuit of prey or quarry.
1. To walk with a stiff, haughty, or angry gait: stalked off in a huff.
2. To move threateningly or menacingly.
3. To track prey or quarry.
[Middle English stalken, from Old English -stealcian, to move stealthily (in bestealcian).]
adj, stalkier or stalkiest
1. like a stalk; slender and tall
2. having or abounding in stalks