jumping jack(redirected from Star Jump)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Sports A physical exercise performed by jumping to a position with the legs spread wide and the hands touching overhead and then returning to a position with the feet together and the arms at the sides.
2. A toy figure with jointed limbs that can be made to dance by pulling an attached string.
1. a firework having a long narrow tube filled with gunpowder, folded like an accordion so that when lit it burns with small explosions causing it to jump along the ground
2. a toy figure of a man with jointed limbs that can be moved by pulling attached strings
1. a toy consisting of a jointed figure that is made to jump, move, or dance by pulling a string or stick attached to it.
2. an exercise in which one starts from a standing position with legs together and arms at the sides, then jumps to a position with the legs spread apart and the arms brought together over the head, and then jumps back into the starting position.