stockman(redirected from Station hand)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A person who owns or raises livestock.
2. A person who is in charge of livestock or works on a stock farm.
3. A person who is employed in a stockroom or warehouse.
n, pl -men
a. a man engaged in the rearing or care of farm livestock, esp cattle
b. an owner of cattle or other livestock
2. (Professions) US and Canadian a man employed in a warehouse or stockroom
stock•man(ˈstɒk mən or, for 3, -ˌmæn)
n., pl. -men (-mən or, for 3, -ˌmɛn)
1. a person who raises livestock.
2. a person in charge of a stock of goods, as in a warehouse.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||stockman - farmer who breed or raises livestock|
sheepman - a man who raises (or tends) sheep