stillbirth(redirected from Still birthing)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to Still birthing: stillborn
1. The birth of a dead infant.
2. An infant who is dead at birth.
1. (Pathology) birth of a dead fetus or baby
2. (Pathology) a stillborn fetus or baby
1. the birth of a dead child or animal.
2. a fetus dead at birth.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||stillbirth - a natural loss of the products of conception|
abortion - termination of pregnancy
habitual abortion - repeated spontaneous abortion (often for no known reason)
imminent abortion, threatened abortion - the appearance of symptoms that signal the impending loss of the products of conception
incomplete abortion, partial abortion - termination of pregnancy without expulsion of all of the products of conception
live birth - the birth of a living fetus (regardless of the length of gestation)