stock car(redirected from Stock car racing)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. An automobile of a standard make modified for racing.
2. A railroad car for carrying livestock.
1. (Automotive Engineering)
a. a car, usually a production saloon, strengthened and modified for a form of racing in which the cars often collide
b. Also: stock-car (as modifier): stock-car racing.
2. (Railways) US and Canadian a railway wagon designed for carrying livestock. Also called (in Britain and certain other countries): cattle truck
1. a standard model of automobile changed in various ways for racing purposes.
2. a boxcar for carrying livestock.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||stock car - a car kept in dealers' stock for regular sales|
|2.||stock car - a racing car with the basic chassis of a commercially available car|