smoothie(redirected from Strawberry smoothie)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
smooth·iealso smooth·y (smo͞o′thē)
n. pl. smooth·ies
1. Informal A person regarded as being assured and artfully ingratiating in manner.
2. A drink that is made of fruit or sometimes vegetables and is blended with juice, milk, or yogurt and often ice until smooth.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n, pl smoothies
1. slang usually derogatory a person, esp a man, who is suave or slick, esp in speech, dress, or manner
2. (Cookery) a smooth, thick drink made with puréed fresh fruit and yogurt, ice cream, or milk
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
or smooth•y(ˈsmu ði)
n., pl. smooth•ies.
1. Informal. a person, esp. a man, who has a winningly polished manner.
2. a thick beverage of fruit pureed in a blender with some combination of milk or yogurt, juice, and ice.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||smoothie - someone with an assured and ingratiating manner|
|2.||smoothie - a thick smooth drink consisting of fresh fruit pureed with ice cream or yoghurt or milk|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
smoothie[ˈsmuːðɪ] N (pej) → zalamero/a m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
(= persuasive man) → charmeur m
(= fruit drink) boisson à base de purée de fruits, parfois additionnée de yaourt ou de glace
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
smoothiesmoothy [ˈsmuːðɪ] n (fam, pej) to be a smoothie → essere anche troppo cortese e disinvolto/a
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995