succubus(redirected from Succubus (video games))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
suc·cu·bus(sŭk′yə-bəs) also suc·cu·ba (-bə)
n. pl. suc·cu·bus·es or suc·cu·bi (-bī′, -bē′) also suc·cu·bae (-bē′, -bī′)
1. A female demon supposed to descend upon and have sexual intercourse with a man while he sleeps.
2. An evil spirit; a demon.
[Middle English, from Medieval Latin, alteration (influenced by Late Latin incubus, incubus) of Latin succuba, paramour, from succubāre, to lie under : sub-, sub- + cubāre, to lie down.]
n, pl -bi (-ˌbaɪ)
1. (Classical Myth & Legend) Also called: succuba a female demon fabled to have sexual intercourse with sleeping men. Compare incubus
2. (Classical Myth & Legend) any evil demon
[C16: from Medieval Latin, from Late Latin succuba harlot, from Latin succubāre to lie beneath, from sub- + cubāre to lie]
suc•cu•bus(ˈsʌk yə bəs)
n., pl. -bi (-ˌbaɪ)
1. a demon in female form, said to have sexual intercourse with sleeping men. Compare incubus (def. 1).
2. any demon or evil spirit.
[1350–1400; < Medieval Latin, variant of Latin succuba paramour <succubāre to lie beneath (suc- suc- + cubāre to lie down)]
a demon that assumes a female form to tempt men to intercourse, especially appearing in their dreams. — succubi, succubae, n. pl.See also: Demons
A demon sent by the Devil to have sexual intercourse with sleeping men, Succubi are sex elementals and may be half human, half animal.
succubus[ˈsʌkjʊbəs] N (succubi (pl)) → súcubo m
n pl <succubi> → Sukkubus m