Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. A powerful punch, especially one causing a knockout.
2. An act or remark that is very harmful or devastating to an opponent.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Boxing) boxing a heavy blow intended to knock out one's opponent
2. any manoeuvre or action intended to crush an opponent
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a boxer's most powerful and effective punch, esp. one used for a knockout.
2. something capable of inflicting a powerful blow on one's opposition.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Sunday punch - a hard punch that renders the opponent unable to continue boxing|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.