Surgeon General(redirected from Surgeons General)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
n. pl. Surgeons General Abbr. SG
1. The chief medical officer in the US Public Health Service or in a state public health service.
2. The chief general officer in the medical departments of the US Army, Navy, or Air Force.
n, pl surgeons general
1. (Military) (in the British, US, and certain other armies and navies) the senior officer of the medical service
2. (Medicine) (in the British, US, and certain other armies and navies) the senior officer of the medical service
3. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the head of the public health service in the US
n., pl. surgeons general.
1. the chief of medical services in one of the armed forces.
2. (caps.) the head of the U.S. Bureau of Public Health or, in some states, of a state health agency.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Surgeon General - the head of the United States Public Health Service|
|2.||Surgeon General - the senior medical officer in an Army or Navy|