binder(redirected from T binder)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. One that binds, especially a bookbinder.
2. Something, such as a cord, used to bind.
3. A notebook cover with rings or clamps for holding sheets of paper.
4. Something, such as the latex in certain paints, that creates uniform consistency, solidification, or cohesion.
a. A machine that reaps and ties grain.
b. An attachment on a reaping machine that ties grain in bundles.
a. A payment or written statement making an agreement legally binding until the completion of a formal insurance contract.
b. An agreement specifying the terms and conditions of a real estate transaction.
7. Ecology A plant, such as a ground cover, whose growth retards erosion.
1. a firm cover or folder with rings or clasps for holding loose sheets of paper together
2. a material used to bind separate particles together, give an appropriate consistency, or facilitate adhesion to a surface
3. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding)
a. a person who binds books; bookbinder
b. a machine that is used to bind books
4. something used to fasten or tie, such as rope or twine
5. informal NZ a square meal
6. (Agriculture) obsolete Also called: reaper binder a machine for cutting grain and binding it into bundles or sheaves. Compare combine harvester
7. (Insurance) an informal agreement giving insurance coverage pending formal issue of a policy
8. (Architecture) a tie, beam, or girder, used to support floor joists
9. (Building) a stone for binding masonry; bondstone
10. (Chemistry) the nonvolatile component of the organic media in which pigments are dispersed in paint
11. (Linguistics) (in systemic grammar) a word that introduces a bound clause; a subordinating conjunction or a relative pronoun. Compare linker2
1. a person or thing that binds.
2. a detachable cover, resembling the cover of a notebook or book, with clasps or rings for holding loose papers together: a three-ring binder.
3. a bookbinder.
4. an agreement granting coverage pending the issuance of an insurance policy.
a. a sum of money given as a pledge of intent to purchase a piece of property.
b. a written receipt acknowledging this payment and granting the right to purchase the property.
6. any substance that causes the components of a mixture to cohere.
7. a vehicle in which the pigment of a paint is suspended.
An implement to cut grain stalks and tie them in bundles. Row binders were for crops such as corn that were planted in rows. Small-grain binders were for crops such as wheat that were not planted in widely separated rows.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||binder - a machine that cuts grain and binds it in sheaves|
|2.||binder - something used to bind separate particles together or facilitate adhesion to a surface|
|3.||binder - holds loose papers or magazines|
|4.||binder - something used to tie or bind |
ligament - any connection or unifying bond
binder[ˈbaɪndər] n (= file) → classeur m
a. (file) → classificatore m
b. (Agr) → mietilegatrice f