G-string(redirected from T-back)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A narrow loincloth supported by a waistband; a breechcloth.
2. A similar garment, usually decorated, that is worn especially by stripteasers.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Clothing & Fashion) a piece of cloth attached to a narrow waistband covering the pubic area, worn esp by strippers
2. (Clothing & Fashion) a strip of cloth attached to the front and back of a waistband and covering the loins
3. (Classical Music) music a string tuned to G, such as the lowest string of a violin
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
a narrow strip of fabric covering the genitals and secured at the waist by a cord, worn esp. by stripteasers, dancers, etc.
[1875–80, Amer.; orig. uncertain]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||G-string - minimal clothing worn by stripteasers; a narrow strip of fabric that covers the pubic area, passes between the thighs, and is supported by a waistband|
woman's clothing - clothing that is designed for women to wear
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
G-string[ˈdʒiːˌstrɪŋ] n (garment) → tanga m inv
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995