Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to T-bar: T-bar lift
A ski lift consisting of a bar suspended like an inverted T against which skiers lean while being towed uphill.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Tools) a T-shaped wrench for use with a socket
2. (General Engineering) a metal bar having a T-shaped cross section
3. (Skiing) a T-shaped bar on a ski tow which skiers hold on to while being pulled up slopes
4. (Clothing & Fashion) (modifier) another term for T-strap
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a rolled metal bar or beam with a cross section resembling a T.
2. Also called T-bar lift. a ski lift having an upside-down T-shaped bar against which two skiers may lean while being pulled uphill.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||T-bar - a surface lift where riders hold a bar and are pulled up the hill on their skis|
surface lift - a ski tow that pulls skiers up a slope without lifting them off the ground
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007