T-bar(redirected from T-bar lifts)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
A ski lift consisting of a bar suspended like an inverted T against which skiers lean while being towed uphill.
1. (Tools) a T-shaped wrench for use with a socket
2. (General Engineering) a metal bar having a T-shaped cross section
3. (Skiing) a T-shaped bar on a ski tow which skiers hold on to while being pulled up slopes
4. (Clothing & Fashion) (modifier) another term for T-strap
1. a rolled metal bar or beam with a cross section resembling a T.
2. Also called T-bar lift. a ski lift having an upside-down T-shaped bar against which two skiers may lean while being pulled uphill.