Tahitian(redirected from Tahitians)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Of or relating to Tahiti or its people, language, or culture.
a. A native or inhabitant of Tahiti.
b. A person of Tahitian ancestry.
2. The Polynesian language of Tahiti.
1. (Placename) of or relating to Tahiti or its inhabitants
2. (Peoples) of or relating to Tahiti or its inhabitants
(Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Tahiti
Ta•hi•tian(təˈhi ʃən, -ti ən, tɑ-)
1. a native or inhabitant of Tahiti.
2. the Austronesian language of the Society Islands, used as a lingua franca throughout French Polynesia.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Tahiti, its inhabitants, or the language Tahitian.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Tahitian - a native or inhabitant of Tahiti |
Tahiti - an island in the south Pacific; the most important island in French Polynesia; made famous by Robert Louis Stevenson and Paul Gauguin
Polynesian - a native or inhabitant of Polynesia
|2.||Tahitian - the Oceanic language spoken on Tahiti|
|Adj.||1.||Tahitian - of or relating to or characteristic of the island of Tahiti or its residents or their language and culture|