reamer(redirected from Tapered reamer)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to Tapered reamer: reaming
1. Any of various tools used to shape or enlarge holes or bores.
2. A utensil with a conical, ridged projection, used for extracting juice from citrus fruits.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Tools) a steel tool with a cylindrical or tapered shank around which longitudinal teeth are ground, used for smoothing the bores of holes accurately to size
2. (Tools) US a utensil with a conical projection used for extracting juice from citrus fruits; lemon squeezer
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. any of various rotary tools, with helical or straight flutes, for finishing or enlarging holes drilled in metal.
2. any bladelike pick or rod used for scraping, shaping, or enlarging a hole: a pipe reamer.
3. a deep, saucerlike dish with a grooved cone in the center for extracting the juice from a fruit.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||reamer - a squeezer with a conical ridged center that is used for squeezing juice from citrus fruit|
squeezer - a kitchen utensil for squeezing juice from fruit
|2.||reamer - a drill that is used to shape or enlarge holes|
drill - a tool with a sharp point and cutting edges for making holes in hard materials (usually rotating rapidly or by repeated blows)
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.