Tate(redirected from Tate Collection)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Tate, Nahum 1652-1715.
Irish-born English poet and playwright who wrote a popular adaptation of Shakespeare's King Lear in 1681 and was appointed poet laureate in 1692.
1. (Biography) (John Orley) Allen. 1899–1979, US poet and critic
2. (Biography) Sir Henry. 1819–99, British sugar refiner and philanthropist; founder of the Tate Gallery
3. (Biography) Nahum (ˈneɪʊm). 1652–1715, British poet, dramatist, and hymn-writer, born in Ireland: poet laureate (1692–1715). He is best known for writing a version of King Lear with a happy ending
1. James, born 1943, U.S. poet.
2. (John Orley) Allen, 1899–1979, U.S. poet and critic.
3. Nahum, 1652–1715, English poet and playwright, born in Ireland: poet laureate 1692–1715.