Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A river of central Scotland rising in the Grampian Mountains and flowing about 190 km (118 mi) through Loch Tay to the Firth of Tay, an inlet of the North Sea.
(Cookery) an Irish dialect word for tea
1. (Placename) Firth of Tay the estuary of the River Tay on the North Sea coast of Scotland. Length: 40 km (25 miles)
2. (Placename) a river in central Scotland, flowing northeast through Loch Tay, then southeast to the Firth of Tay: the longest river in Scotland; noted for salmon fishing. Length: 193 km (120 miles)
3. (Placename) Loch Tay a lake in central Scotland, in Stirling council area. Length: 23 km (14 miles)
1. a river flowing through central Scotland into the Firth of Tay. 118 mi. (190 km) long.
2. Firth of, an estuary of the North Sea, off the coast of central Scotland. 25 mi. (40 km) long.