Lamisil

(redirected from Terbinafine hydrochloride)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonymsLegend:
Noun1.Lamisil - an oral antifungal drug (trade name Lamisil) used to treat cases of fungal nail disease
antifungal, antifungal agent, antimycotic, antimycotic agent, fungicide - any agent that destroys or prevents the growth of fungi
brand, brand name, marque, trade name - a name given to a product or service
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
References in periodicals archive ?
[22] As the body surface involvement was around 30%, patients were started on topical 1% Terbinafine hydrochloride cream twice daily for 4 weeks, 90% of patients recovered, remaining 10% of patients were treated with oral Terbinafine for 2 weeks and topical terbinafine for another 4 weeks.
Terbinafine Solution: Terbinafine hydrochloride (pharmaceutical grade) was purchased from Novartis in powder form and was dissolved in distilled water to obtain a concentration 0.25 ug/ml.9
Group 1 used terbinafine hydrochloride 1% cream and group 2 patients were treated with ketoconazole 2% cream.
When the positive control Lamisil[R] cream (1% terbinafine hydrochloride) was applied topically onto the guinea pig feet for two consecutive weeks, dermatophytes were completely eradicated and the fungal burden was zero.
Terbinafine hydrochloride has been particularly reported to cause hepatotoxicity [2-4]; thus, a routine liver function test is recommended for patients taking continuous treatment of terbinafine hydrochloride for more than one month [1].
Objective--To determine pharmacokinetics after oral administration of a single dose of terbinafine hydrochloride to Hispaniolan Amazon parrots (Amazona ventralis).
MycoVa is Apricus Biosciences Inc's topically applied formulation of terbinafine hydrochloride, a well-known medication for nail fungus, delivered with Dodecyl 2-(N,N dimethylamino)-propionate hydrochloride (DDAIP-HCl).
Terbinafine hydrochloride oral granules versus oral griseofulvin suspension in children with tinea capitis: Results of two randomized, investigator-blinded, multicenter, international, controlled trials.
The FDA has approved the first generic versions of prescription Lamisil (terbinafine hydrochloride) tablets, used to treat nail fungus infection (onychomycosis).
Separately, the FDA has approved the first generic versions of prescription Lamisil (terbinafine hydrochloride tablets), used to treat nail fungus infection (onychomycosis).
The product contains the active ingredient terbinafine hydrochloride, which is effective in curing, rather than treating, athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm while providing relief from the discomfort associated with those conditions.