cobalt blue(redirected from Thénards blue)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A blue to green pigment consisting of a variable mixture of cobalt oxide and alumina.
2. A moderate to deep vivid blue or greenish blue.
1. (Elements & Compounds) Also called: Thénard's blue any greenish-blue pigment containing cobalt aluminate, usually made by heating cobaltous sulphate, aluminium oxide, and phosphoric acid together
a. a deep blue to greenish-blue colour
b. (as adjective): a cobalt-blue car.
1. a blue to greenish blue color.
2. a pigment containing an oxide of cobalt.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||cobalt blue - a shade of blue tinged with green|
|2.||cobalt blue - greenish-blue pigment consisting essentially of cobalt oxide and alumina|
pigment - dry coloring material (especially a powder to be mixed with a liquid to produce paint, etc.)