oiler(redirected from The Oilers)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. a person, device, etc, that lubricates or supplies oil
2. (Nautical Terms) an oil tanker
3. (Mining & Quarrying) an oil well
1. a person or thing that oils.
2. a worker employed to oil machinery.
4. Often, oilers. an oilskin garment.
5. a ship that carries large oil cargoes.
6. oil well.
A naval or merchant tanker specially equipped and rigged for replenishing other ships at sea.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||oiler - a worker who oils engines or machinery|
worker - a person who works at a specific occupation; "he is a good worker"
|2.||oiler - a well that yields or has yielded oil|
gusher - an oil well with a strong natural flow so that pumping is not necessary
spouter - an oil well that is spouting
well - a deep hole or shaft dug or drilled to obtain water or oil or gas or brine
|3.||oiler - a cargo ship designed to carry crude oil in bulk|
supertanker - the largest class of oil tankers