Temne(redirected from Themne)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
n. pl. Temne or Tem·nes
1. A member of a people living in Sierra Leone.
2. The Atlantic language of this people.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
npl -nes or -ne
1. (Peoples) a member of a Negroid people of N Sierra Leone
2. (Languages) the language of this people, closely related to Bantu
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
n., pl. -nes, (esp. collectively) -ne.
1. a member of an African people living mainly in Sierra Leone.
2. the West Atlantic language of the Temne.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.