Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Of or relating to Thrace or its people.
1. A native or inhabitant of Thrace.
2. The Indo-European language of the ancient Thracians.
1. (Peoples) a member of an ancient Indo-European people who lived in the SE corner of the Balkan Peninsula
2. (Historical Terms) the ancient language spoken by this people, belonging to the Thraco-Phrygian branch of the Indo-European family: extinct by the early Middle Ages
(Historical Terms) of or relating to Thrace, its inhabitants, or the extinct Thracian language
1. of or pertaining to Thrace, its inhabitants, or their language.n.
2. a native or inhabitant of Thrace.
3. an Indo-European language of ancient Thrace.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Thracian - an inhabitant of ancient Thrace|
Thrace - an ancient country and wine producing region in the east of the Balkan Peninsula to the north of the Aegean Sea; colonized by ancient Greeks; later a Roman province; now divided between Bulgaria and Greece and Turkey
European - a native or inhabitant of Europe
|2.||Thracian - a Thraco-Phrygian language spoken by the ancient people of Thrace but extinct by the early Middle Ages|
Thraco-Phrygian - an extinct branch of the Indo-European language family thought by some to be related to Armenian
|Adj.||1.||Thracian - of or relating to Thrace or its people or culture|