threesome(redirected from Threeway)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. A group of three persons or things.
2. An activity involving three people, especially a golf match in which one player competes against two others who alternate their play.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a group of three
2. (Golf) golf a match in which a single player playing his own ball competes against two others playing alternate strokes on the same ball
3. (Games, other than specified) any game, etc, for three people
4. (modifier) performed by three: a threesome game.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. three forming a group.
2. something in which three persons participate.
3. a golf match in which two players, playing alternately with one ball, compete against a third player who also plays with one ball.adj.
4. performed or played by three persons.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||threesome - the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one|
3, deuce-ace, III, tercet, ternary, ternion, terzetto, three, trey, triad, trine, trinity, trio, triplet, troika, tierce, leash
|2.||threesome - three people considered as a unit |
triumvirate - a group of three men responsible for public administration or civil authority
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
noun trio, trinity, trilogy, triplet, triad, triumvirate, troika, triptych, triplex, trine, triune We often all go out as a threesome.
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
threesome[ˈθriːsəm] n → groupe m de trois personnesthree-way [ˈθriːweɪ] adj [split, division] → en trois; [discussion] → à troisthree-wheeler [ˌθriːˈhwiːlər] n
(= tricycle) → tricycle m
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
threesome[ˈθriːsəm] n (people) → terzetto
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995