thymoma

(redirected from Thymomas)
Also found in: Medical, Encyclopedia.

thy·mo·ma

 (thī-mō′mə)
n.
A usually benign tumor of the thymus, composed of epithelial and lymphoid cells.
Translations

thy·mo·ma

n. timoma, tumor que se origina en el timo.

thymoma

n timoma m
References in periodicals archive ?
Thymomas are the most common primary neoplasm of the anterior mediastinum.
The differential diagnosis for a compressive mediastinal mass is fairly extensive; it includes developmental cysts (i.e., bronchogenic, enteric, and pericardial cysts), neurogenic tumors, thymomas, lymphomas, germ cell tumors, endocrine (i.e., thyroid and parathyroid) pathologies, large vessel aneurysms, and mesenchymal tumors.
Expression of bcl-2 in fetal thymus, thymomas and thymic carcinomas.
Furthermore, 85% of myasthenics who have thymic involvement experience hyperplasia of the thymus gland, and the remaining 15% develop thymomas.
Those under 40 with a predominance of women, those over 40 with a male predominance, and those with thymomas who had no clear age distribution.
Other, less common types of cancer that can produce ACTH are thymomas, carcinoid tumors, pancreatic islet cell tumors, and medullary carcinomas of the thyroid.
According to WHO classification of thymomas, 2 cases of type A, 4 cases of type AB, 2 cases of type B1 and one case of type B2-B3 thymoma were noted.
Almost quarter of the cases are associated with para-neoplastic syndromes such as thymomas, small cell lung carcinomas and lymphomas.
Most common lesions in adults are thymomas and Non-Hodgkin's lymphomas.
Subjects with carcinoma-like tumors had worse results in tension and pitch, thymomas in breathability and other types of tumors in loudness (Table 2).
Thymomas are tumors derived from epithelial components of the thymus that contain variable degrees of nonneoplastic lymphocytes.