Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Tibetan: Tibetan book of the dead
Of or relating to Tibet, the Tibetans, or their language or culture.
a. A native or inhabitant of Tibet.
b. A member of a traditionally Buddhist people constituting the predominant ethnic population of Tibet and neighboring regions in China, Bhutan, and Nepal, with large displaced populations in India.
2. The Tibeto-Burman language of the Tibetans.
(Languages) of, relating to, or characteristic of Tibet, its people, or their language
1. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Tibet
2. (Languages) the language of Tibet, belonging to the Sino-Tibetan family
1. a native or inhabitant of Tibet.
2. a Tibeto-Burman language comprising a broad range of dialects spoken in Tibet and adjacent parts of S and E Asia.
3. a member of any Tibetan-speaking ethnic group.adj.
4. of or pertaining to Tibet, its inhabitants, or Tibetan.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Tibetan - Himalayish language spoken in Tibet|
Himalayish - the Tibeto-Burman language spoken in Tibet and Nepal and Bhutan and Sikkim
|2.||Tibetan - a native or inhabitant of Tibet|
|Adj.||1.||Tibetan - of or relating to or characteristic of Tibet or its people or their language; "Tibetan monks"|
người Tây Tạngthuộc vùng/người/tiếng Tây Tạngtiếng Tây Tạng
1. adj → tibetano/a
2. n (person) → tibetano/a; (language) → tibetano