Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Water that inundates land at flood tide.
2. Water affected by the tides, especially tidal streams.
3. Low coastal land drained by tidal streams.
1. (Physical Geography) water that advances and recedes with the tide
2. (Physical Geography) water that covers land that is dry at low tide
3. (Physical Geography)
a. coastal land drained by tidal streams
b. (as modifier): tidewater regions.
tide•wa•ter(ˈtaɪdˌwɔ tər, -ˌwɒt ər)
1. water affected by the ebb and flow of the tide.
2. the water covering tideland at flood tide.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||tidewater - low-lying coastal land drained by tidal streams|
coastal plain - a plain adjacent to a coast
|2.||Tidewater - the coastal plain of the South: eastern parts of Virginia and North Carolina and South Carolina and Georgia|
South - the region of the United States lying to the south of the Mason-Dixon line