tiger cat(redirected from Tiger Cats)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Any of various small wild felines, such as the ocelot, margay, or jaguarundi, that resemble the tiger in appearance or behavior.
2. A domestic cat, especially a tabby, having markings like those of a tiger.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Animals) a medium-sized feline mammal, Felis tigrina, of Central and South America, having a dark-striped coat
2. (Animals) any similar feline with tiger-like markings, such as the margay
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. any of various striped or spotted wildcats smaller than but resembling the tiger, as the serval.
2. a domestic cat having a striped coat resembling that of a tiger.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||tiger cat - medium-sized wildcat of Central America and South America having a dark-striped coat|
wildcat - any small or medium-sized cat resembling the domestic cat and living in the wild
|2.||tiger cat - a cat having a striped coat|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.