tinny(redirected from Tinnies)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
adj. tin·ni·er, tin·ni·est
1. Of, containing, or yielding tin.
2. Tasting or smelling of tin: tinny canned food.
3. Having a thin metallic sound: a high tinny voice.
4. Weak or thin; flimsy.
adj, -nier or -niest
1. of, relating to, or resembling tin
2. cheap, badly made, or shoddy
3. (of a sound) high, thin, and metallic
4. (Cookery) (of food or drink) flavoured with metal, as from a container
5. informal Austral lucky
n, pl -nies
6. slang Austral a can of beer
7. (Nautical Terms) informal Also: tinnie Austral a small fishing or pleasure boat with an aluminium hull
adj. -ni•er, -ni•est.
1. of or like tin.
2. containing tin.
3. lacking in timbre or resonance: a tinny piano.
5. tasting of tin.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||tinny - of or containing tin|
|2.||tinny - of very poor quality; flimsy|
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
inferior - of low or inferior quality
|3.||tinny - thin and metallic in sound; lacking resonance; "an unpleasant tinny voice"|