tittle(redirected from Tittling)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
Related to Tittling: titling
1. A small diacritic mark, such as an accent, vowel mark, or dot over an i.
2. The tiniest bit; an iota.
[Middle English titil, from Medieval Latin titulus, diacritical mark, from Latin, title, superscription.]
1. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) a small mark in printing or writing, esp a diacritic
2. a jot; particle
[C14: from Medieval Latin titulus label, from Latin: title]
1. a dot or other small mark in writing or printing, used as a diacritic or punctuation.
2. a very small thing; particle, jot.
[before 900; Middle English titel, Old English titul < Medieval Latin titulus mark over a letter or word]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||tittle - a tiny or scarcely detectable amount|