Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Of or relating to Tonga or its people, language, or culture.
a. A native or inhabitant of Tonga.
b. A person of Tongan ancestry.
2. The Polynesian language of Tonga.
(Languages) of or relating to the kingdom of Tonga, its inhabitants, or their language
1. (Peoples) a member of the people that inhabits Tonga
2. (Languages) the language of this people, belonging to the Polynesian family
1. a member of the Polynesian people of Tonga.
2. the Austronesian language of the Tongans.adj.
3. pertaining to Tonga, its inhabitants, or the language Tongan.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Tongan - a Polynesian native or inhabitant of Tonga|
Friendly Islands, Kingdom of Tonga, Tonga - a monarchy on a Polynesian archipelago in the South Pacific; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1970
Polynesian - a native or inhabitant of Polynesia
|2.||Tongan - the Polynesian language spoken by the Tongan people|
|Adj.||1.||Tongan - of or relating to the island monarchy of Tonga or its people; "Tongan beaches"|