torchwood(redirected from Tourchwood)
1. Any of several tropical American trees of the genus Amyris, having resinous wood that burns with a torchlike flame.
2. The wood of any of these trees.
1. (Plants) any of various rutaceous trees or shrubs of the genus Amyris, esp A. balsamifera, of Florida and the Caribbean, having hard resinous wood used for torches
2. (Plants) any of various similar trees the wood of which is used for torches
3. (Forestry) the wood of any of these trees
1. any of various resinous woods suitable for making torches.
2. any of various trees yielding such wood, esp. certain tropical American trees of the genus Amyris, rue family.