transsexual(redirected from Transexuals)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Relating to or being a person who has undergone medical treatment to change their body to match their gender identity.
n. Often Offensive
A person who is transsexual. See Usage Note at transgender.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Psychiatry) a person who permanently acts the part of and completely identifies with the opposite sex
2. (Surgery) a person who has undergone medical and surgical procedures to alter external sexual characteristics to those of the opposite sex
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
trans•sex•u•al(trænsˈsɛk ʃu əl)
1. a person who strongly desires to assume the physical characteristics and gender role of the opposite sex.
2. a person who has undergone surgical and hormonal treatment for this purpose.adj.
3. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of transsexuals.
trans•sex′u•al•ism, trans•sex`u•al′i•ty, n.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||transsexual - a person who has undergone a sex change operation|
|2.||transsexual - a person whose sexual identification is entirely with the opposite sex|
|Adj.||1.||transsexual - overwhelmingly desirous of being, or completely identifying with, the opposite sex|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
n → Transsexuelle(r) mf
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
transsexual[trænzˈsɛksjʊəl] n & adj → transessuale (m/f) inv
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
1. persona que tiene una urgencia psicológica de pertenecer al sexo opuesto;
2. persona que ha cambiado de sexo sometiéndose a una operación quirúgica.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
transsexualadj & n transexual mf
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.